|Optimal networking of fleets and in land agents.|
|BEGINS: Month 10 (October 2010) ENDS: Month 36 (January 2013)|
To create a global operation network including all the different agents of the fishing sector (fleets, ports, auctions, transforming and valorisation industries and final buyers) for the integral and efficient management of discards/by-catch obtained.
4.1. In connection to Action 3, definition of data transmitting protocols from in land agent to the central system. Tests are carried out with different communication protocols available (GPRS, satellite) defining the use of each according to their cost, safety and speed of transmission.
4.2. Creation of a virtual, efficient and dynamic web environment based on all the data collected from vessels and in land partners to efficiently coordinate their activities related with the management and valorisation of discards. This action will include:
• Raw material supply optimization.
• Logistics coordination and optimization.
• A map server with the spatial information.
4.3. Definition of an optimal global network for discards management in the geographic area of the Vigo.
4.4. Real time maintenance and management of the system.
IIM-CSIC will be the lead partner, in collaboration with CESGA and APV.
1. Creation of one virtual environment for discards management, including:
a. Creation of a friendly user visual interface easy to operate for the actors based on the real time databases defined on Actions 2 and 3.
b. Account and access management.
c. Updating and maintenance of the environment.
2. In connection with Action 3, definition of a virtual integral discards management pilot network centralised on APV integrating all partners and fishing actors (fleets, producers, elaborators, waste managers, etc.) interested. This network could be easily transferred and implemented in other UE countries with a significant fishing activity sector.